We invite you to our home just west of Tucson, Arizona, to participate in a "Shalom Retreat". For more than 40 years, people from all walks of life have been coming to retreat centers like Shalom Mountain in New York or homes like ours to experience transformation and healing in their journey of self-discovery through the Shalom Retreat process. Now, two years after discovering our new home in the gorgeous Sonoran Desert, we are ready to offer that home for our first Shalom Retreat here.
Who goes to a Shalom Retreat?
- People experiencing grief from a recent (or not-so-recent but still unhealed) loss.
- People on the cusp of a major life decision about their life's work, relationship, or family.
- People yearning to jump-start their spiritual journey.
- People experiencing a rift of intimacy that separates them from themselves, their work in the world, their loved ones, their family, their culture, or even from humanity itself.
Ultimately, a Shalom Retreat is an opportunity to make dramatic progress in your quest for your authentic self. In a Shalom Retreat, you can know yourself as whole, complete and lovable -- an embodied, emotional, spiritual being. We celebrate the body’s wisdom and its gifts. You can learn to unblock the stuck places and open your heart once again. The retreat takes place within a circle of people, supported by intentional loving, where you can experience a focused time for your own individual work.
A Shalom Retreat™ has these essential elements:
- Skilled and compassionate leadership.
- Experiential exercises grounded in Western psychology, including Gestalt, Core Energetics, role-playing and story-telling.
- Focused time for your own personal work with the retreat leader.
- A community where each person is held with respect and love.
- A reverence for spirit and the mystical journey.
In addition to the regular Shalom Retreat, because we are limiting the size of this retreat to 8 participants, we will be able to include breath work, led by Naz Fontanilla. With gentle awareness, breathwork clears away unresolved and unexpressed emotions that prevent living life fully. In addition to addressing past trauma, breathwork also facilitates relaxation and many other healthy states of mind.
Dates and Times:
- Thursday, May 10, 6:30 - 10:30 PM
- Friday, May 11, 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Saturday, May 12, 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Sunday, May 13, 8:00 AM - Noon
For residents of Tucson spending each night at your home: $250
For non-residents of Tucson staying at a nearby B&B: $550
Email Adael at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 508.737.3848,